Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959) Empty
PostSubject: Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959)   Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:53 pm

Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959) Theangryredplanet1959

A rocket sent to Mars that though to be lost returns. so they want to grab it and bring it home. They manage to bring it back with remote control. They soon find out there are two people alive inside. one has a green goo on his hand and the girl is fine. under hypnosis the girl tells quite a story. as they fly to mars they are warned by a radioactive meteor not to approach but they just avoid it. after quite some time of flying and other random conversation that is no way in relation to the movie they finally land and go into taking some tests.
Eventually they go on exploring and researches the plantlife in there. wait, plantlife? apparently there are no chlorophyll but a lot of nervous systems in plans. they also get attacked by some man-eating plan that they cut to pieces. then they kill it with high-pitch sound gun. god that sound is annoying. The next day they are attacked by a giant spider-bat hybrid monster. they once again use the weapon to attack it and scares it. so they go after him "exploring". and they find a LAKE.
Once they are back to the rocket they decide to leave the planet and fly back to earth and report everything. But they cant leave, some sort of forcefield is keeling them on the planet. They find out its a gravitational field. so they decides to go across the lake they found to search for answers. seriously, this is the best they came up with? They find a cartoon-city. well at least thats the "special effect". it seems to be highly advanced civilization city in the middle of the lake. However a monster emerges that does not allow them to get to the city. he seems hungry too. it seems to devour everything it touches. its a Giant amoeba. They kill it with ultra sound then the aliens contact them and give them a warning, but the girl fades thus hypnosis cant tell what she heard further (which is incorrect because fainted people can still hear, though not recall it). When she wakes up she sees one of the scientists dieing. That is all she remembers and then they come back to earth. the aemeba on the guys hand is growing and scientists are unable to do anything about it. They then find a tape with aliens warning warning them not to land on Mars.

Story: 4/10. Not completely good, but not that bad.
Acting: 4/10. fine for a b-movie. but thats it.
Sound: 6/10. surprisingly nice.
Sci factor: 6/10. even though this may sound wierd, the monsters were awesome and the basis for the amoeba nad the cure i found sweet.
Lasting Appeal: 6/10. wont be forgetting the all swallowing amoeba any time soon.
Overall rating: 5/10.
Back to top Go down
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

PostSubject: Re: Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959)   Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:57 pm

I've actually seen this one, more than once I believe. Considering when it was made, I enjoyed it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959)   Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:30 am

Yay, there is someone alive here, was the only one posting for a month!
Back to top Go down
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

PostSubject: Re: Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959)   Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:29 am

LoL I told you I'm always here, I just don't come out of my hole very often.
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959)   Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 6:05 am

Well, then i got at least 1 reader of my Xfire blog too! hey if at least 1 person is interested, its worth doing.
Back to top Go down
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

PostSubject: Re: Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959)   Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:09 am

A few years ago I read an article that said the number of blogs on the internet in relation to the number of people in the world with internet access averages out to about 1 reader per blog. And if you break it down by language and assume people only read blogs that are written in their native language, it gets reduced to about 1 reader for every 4 blogs.
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959)   Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:50 am

Well you cant assume the language breakdown because majority of blogs are in English, and majority of internet users can/do read in english. if that wasn't true i wouldn't be here. though yes, it is entorely possible that there are as many blogs out there. for example i have IGN account and there are 0 visitors coming to look at it for years Very Happy. i dont really care, i keep it up to date with games i have and ratingsi give them and thats about all i need it for. just like i needed xfire for counting hours of my games, but since it has a built in blog and i wanted to post some stuff there i may aswell use the one i already have. its very sporadical and sometimes i dont post anything for months, i dont worry too much about people reading it, its more of a "i have to do it" thing than "people want me to do it". same for the reviews here, this forum is clearly too small for such reviewing series but i do it anyway. well i post them on another forum too where there are more readers there, but the level of people there are most often quite low (as in wanabe gangsta online kids) so not many read them either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959)   Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drive-in Sci-Fi: The Angry Red Planet (1959)
Page 1 of 1