Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Drive in Sci-Fi: The Brain From Planet Arous (1957)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

Drive in Sci-Fi: The Brain From Planet Arous (1957) Empty
PostSubject: Drive in Sci-Fi: The Brain From Planet Arous (1957)   Drive in Sci-Fi: The Brain From Planet Arous (1957) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:33 pm

Drive in Sci-Fi: The Brain From Planet Arous (1957) Thebrainfromplanetarous

Wow i was wondering what was happening with the forums then i noticed i got my own section. Nice!
Anyway, onto tonight's movie, which is weirdly formatted. the movie is black and white, but there seems to be a coloured marking in the corner, probably put up afterwards, and it doesn't fit at all.
Some guy decides to go to desert mountain thats been giving radiation on and off. He goes there without any protection too.
They notice a "Strnage pile of rocks", "a new cave" and decide thats noone been in there because they cant see footprints in rock. really? when did people started leaving footprints in cobblestone? They go inside to investigate anyway and find radiation. However they keep going forward, without any protection. nice. Oh and yeah the guy with him is his accountant. Thats a great thing to take with you when exploring radioactive mountains. They meet a giant ball of meat.... with eyes and charge into it shooting. why would you run INTO radioctive source? It descens onto them and screen faces to black, oh no it raped them.
Then in a week they return saying they found nothing. The girl kiss-attacks his girlfriend and she doesnt really know that hes brainwashed. because he is right?
then the brain shows himself and explains that it controls his brains and chose him because he is a nuclear scientist. and other variuos "me control you bitches"stuff. The others notice his changes as well. but they got no idea how serious it is. So his girlfriend follows to the mountain he was in, because if someone seems mentally unstable, its best to repeat the actions on yourself that got him unstable in the first place. The girl and her friend also finds the cave and enters it. apparently every knows that the cave "Wasnt there" before. They find dead body of the accountant, or whats left of it, then the brain shows up, but this time they dont run. The brian says he is "friend named Paul from planet Arous" and he came to destroy the evil radioactive brain that took over the body if the scientist. they believe this strange alien because "they have no choice".
Apperently the aliesn are ruled by "The power of pure intellect". S after a short discussion the friendly alin takes over the body of a family dog, because thats the best they can think of. "really smart" for beings of "pure intellect", hehehe.
The scientist, his girlfriend and a dog takes a drive to the forest and the bad alien tries to tell his GF that they can have whole world if they wanted to.
The Eye goes on power hungry rampage to kill anyone who might suspect what he done. He plans to do something during a-bomb test but he wont tell anyone what he is going to do. he shows a-bomb explosion to them, tells thme they will all be slaves and leaves. but the good brain finds a way to kill him and does so via the girlfriend. kinda anticlimatic death.

Story: 5/10. powehungry brain was ok, the rest didnt make much sense.
Acting: 3/10. the brains power were looking really wierd.... or maybe he just sucked at acting.
Sound: 2/10. usually bad.
Sci factor: 4/10. using pwoer of mind to materialize explosions. ok. building human army to defeat said mind power, not really. making them scared into making weapon that would be albe to destory the ocnqurer - not smart at all.
Lasting Appeal: 1/10. giant floating radioactive meatballs with eyes....
Overall rating: 3/10.

Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: The Brain From Planet Arous (1957)   Drive in Sci-Fi: The Brain From Planet Arous (1957) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:56 pm

yeap you have done so many reviews i thought you might appreciate a section to yourself, thanks for continuing to write them mate, really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: The Brain From Planet Arous (1957)   Drive in Sci-Fi: The Brain From Planet Arous (1957) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:48 am

Yeah, thanks for the section, currently i have 11 more movies in my list. But it can and will be expanded Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: The Brain From Planet Arous (1957)   Drive in Sci-Fi: The Brain From Planet Arous (1957) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drive in Sci-Fi: The Brain From Planet Arous (1957)
Page 1 of 1