Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Drive-in Sci-Fi: War of the Gargantuas (1966)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

Drive-in Sci-Fi: War of the Gargantuas (1966) Empty
PostSubject: Drive-in Sci-Fi: War of the Gargantuas (1966)   Drive-in Sci-Fi: War of the Gargantuas (1966) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:38 am

Drive-in Sci-Fi: War of the Gargantuas (1966) Warofthegargantuas

Movie opens with a giant octopus eating a seaman. but the octopus is the killed by a.... king kong? some really hairy monkey anyway. too dark to see what it is. The seaman calls it Frankenstein. This is going south fast.
the seaman is rescued after the ship is found sunken and the rest of the crew dissapeared. he tells the police that it was Frankenstein and they believe it, they even call a research institute and get a response, and this is quote, "we didn't had a Frankenstein in here in a while now". then goes on explaining that he escaped. oh wait didn't we saw this somewhere....
Ah yes i saw a movie called url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059205/]Frankenstein Conquers the World (1965)[/url] that explains the birth, appearance and escape of the "Frankenstein". Doesn't explain how he got so hairy though. its a very bad movie though somewhat important for this storyline.
either way, the scientists go to investigate the ship wreckage and police has nothing better to do than follow them around, literally. there is like 20 police officers staring at the back of a scientist when he goes to a microscope. meanwhile the, ehm, Frankenstein goes to airport and eats people. but they scare him off with a light in the sky, so he runs back to the ocean. how can he breathe underwater we are not explained. he couldn't do it in the first movie.
then we get treated to a very bad quality singing scene, where the woman appears to sing.... "the words gets sucked in my cunt"???. the monster crashes the party and grabs the singer, about time for such songs, but she yells and monster drops her. now that's a killer voice, even monsters are afraid. (apparently the actual words are "worlds gets stuck in my mouth" but the sound quality is so low that the sound we hear changes so much, wow)
They go on to chase him, with some very cool music to add, and attack him with... bright light. wow the guy really seems to be afraid of light, so he hides in trees. as they chase him the monster once again retreats into the mountains. This time they have a plan to kill him even though last time they didnt need to. they set a trap to electrocute him in waterfall pond and then chant "generator 2 is ready" for no appearant reason. they also have some sort of pulse based weaponry, this is an all-out war. They successfully lure, trap and kill the suddenly hairy and dumb Frankenstein. Then another monster like that comes to help him and saves the baddie. They even name them, the one living in sea will be gaira and the one in mountains, that we already knew, is now sandra.
Scientists once again go to search for the monster while we see how the monster bath in the lake nearby. we now know both of them are alive. From the cells in hair sample they find they think that the two are brothers. while searching the scientists manage to get themself in trouble just in time for the monster to save them. So one monster eats people other saves them. and they work together. i dont see how. suddenly the monsters start fighting, for no reason at all. they had to end the movie somehow didn't they. the fight travels into the city and the army gets involved as well. While at it whole city gets pretty much destroyed. the fight goes on for WAY too long. eventually volcano erupts and eats them all. die you ugly overgrown monkeys.

Story: 4/10. Had some connections to the previous one but ended up very poorly.
Acting: 2/10. Monster was the best actor - he grunted.
Sound: 5/10. Sound was pleasantly better than the american films of the era. i guess japs did something right. (P. S. mozilla wanted to force me to write american with capital A, how arrogant)
Sci factor: 0/10. absolutely "out there"
Lasting Appeal: 0/10. i dont want to remember this movie.
Overall rating: 2/10.
Back to top Go down

Drive-in Sci-Fi: War of the Gargantuas (1966)
Page 1 of 1