Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Test Drive Unlimited 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Empty
PostSubject: Test Drive Unlimited 2   Test Drive Unlimited 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:56 pm

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Header_292x136

Not a "review," just some thoughts.

First up front let's not beat around the bush, there's no nice way to say and there's no denying it: this game is broken. Severely,
irrefutably, unforgivably broken.
At the very most, this game should still be in beta testing, in an ideal world the person(s) who
made the decision to release this in its current state should get brutal buttsects with a barbed-wire telephone pole.

Now that I got that off my chest, let's get to it.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 D8239CB1D2C9A5859364B3E6F0B1A993B86CA6BA

Opinions on the graphics are as widely varied as the as the number of unanswered trouble-shooting threads in the official forums.
Some people say the game looks dated compared Gran Turismo 5. Other people point out that GT5 is a bad game to judge against
because it is designed to be a simulation. I say they are both right. This game is absolutely beautiful... if you've never seen Gran Turismo.
The colors are sharp and crisp but still manage to be deep and realistic enough that it looks like a serious car game. A great deal of
detail was put into the car models. Landscapes are very pretty and draw-distance is insane, especially considering at any time you
can be blasting at 200+ mph and the game never stutters and you can see clearly a mile and a half down the road. I don't care what
the critics say, that shit is impressive.

In contrast to the great car models and beautiful landscapes, the character models are a different story.

At the start, you are asked to choose a character from a group of people at a pool-party. What you are really choosing is a gender and
race that will be the base of your character. After you pick one, the game begins and gives you a short crash course in how to control
the options in your car (stereo, doors, windows, turn-signals, etc). Then you're given your first "driving mission" which results in being
introduced to the world of racing.

You interact with people by visiting them or by cell-phone. Eventually a friend will call you and suggest you go clothes shopping and
another call will give you "the name of a good doctor." Forget the clothes shopping for now, just go find the doctor: she, a plastic-
surgeon, is the games character creator and it costs money.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 B91AF15EC96BEC72F9E80B5B9ED94C7327DD2013
My little Waifu waiting for her car at the mechanic.

The character creator is actually extremely good if you have the patience for it. It's more detailed than a few RPG's I've played.
NPC characters with names are fairly unique, at least enough that they don't look like everybody else, but the voices get repetitive.

When the game launched, there was a glitch that allowed you to get a large amount of stunt money by simply doing burnouts and
donuts until the multiplier capped out. They attempted to patch it and the games online servers have been shutdown since, so I
don't know how the online features are because no one can get online.

In offline mode (cleverly named Single-Player), Test Drive U2 becomes half racing game and half driving game. There are NPC's
driving around that act in place of online players. They will challenge you, accept your challenges, crash in stupid places, piss off cops,
and everything that real players do, but as far as I can tell you can not invite them to your home, so eventually you'll need a working
server and friends to get a social status. Single player also has "driving games" to keep you busy and most are really fun, like this game
where you pick up a late night hitch-hiker on her way home from the club. She needs a ride home, and she's ready to upchuck at any moment.
Oh yeah, the road she lives on usually looks like this:

Test Drive Unlimited 2 8E514BA3D59C4173E2CB6B3D3A333B63AA6532BE

Good luck not getting that half million dollar Ferrari covered in puke.

There are a lot of cars to choose from and your collection is only limited by how much money you have. You can freely drive any car
regardless of your drivers license, but you are restricted when you enter a race. Speaking of collections, get ready to yank your hair
out and kick a puppy. Take a good look at my garage.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 C13A5D4DAC555FC1BF4DA41792A47BA04414F059

It took me three days to do that: not to buy them, three days to get them in the damn garage! Three actual days!!!
There is no straight forward way to move your cars between properties, so you have to spend time juggling them around one
car at a time using an empty parking slot to hold the car you're currently driving: not the temporary "hot spot," an actual empty
slot, and the more cars and properties you own, the harder it is to do.

Also be careful of taking (pink-slipping) cars in the game because as of now you can never get rid of them. You can not sell them
or trash them. That pink GTO is going to haunt you until there is a patch.

All said and done, and trying not to be too pissed off about all the broken features and the complete lack of any kind of
support, I am having a lot of fun with the game. Just don't go in expecting a rival to Gran Turismo. If you already have it, try to make the best of it, and ask for help anywhere other than the official forums. If you do not have it but are curious, don't buy it yet. Wait for the patch and see if it fixes anything.
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2   Test Drive Unlimited 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:12 am

The game looks intresting however i really find hard time imagining moving stuff from one property to another. do you like go on foot back to the garage get in car move it thne go back on foot and repeat or something? i mean you have to drive something to your old garage so the while moving thing gets pointless....
Back to top Go down
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2   Test Drive Unlimited 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:09 am

Strazdas wrote:
The game looks intresting however i really find hard time imagining moving stuff from one property to
another. do you like go on foot back to the garage get in car move it thne go back on foot and repeat or something? i mean you
have to drive something to your old garage so the while moving thing gets pointless....

No that's why you have to keep an empty parking space. For example, say you have a huge house
with a six-car garage. That garage will actually hold 7 cars: the six you put there, plus the one you drove
to the house. The 7th car sits in the "hot spot." In my garage, the Enzo is sitting in the hot spot
in the middle of the screen, and the empty spot is on the back-right behind the Viper.
I can leave in the Enzo and nothing will change. But if I leave in another car, the Enzo moves to
the empty spot and the car I leave in takes the hot spot. That's pretty easy right?

But what if I want to leave in my Hummer? It's not in that picture because it's at my other house.
So I open my laptop, select my Hummer from my collection, and it appears outside. This is
where the problems start. If the Hummer is here, that means the empty spot has moved
to the other house so I'm stuck with the Hummer unless I drive to the other side of the map
to physically put it back where it came from!

Wait wait wait... I already know what you're about to say: "But Woogie, I counted them 4 times,
and I only see six cars in that garage."

YES! You are correct, THIS GAME RANDOMLY FORGETS HOW TO COUNT!!!!!!!!!
Truly this game is a masterpiece of the MadGod Sheogorath. Cheese! Cheese for everyone!
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2   Test Drive Unlimited 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 6:57 am

so if you choose a car, say a hummer, you magally appear inside it, in its location? or do you physically have to go back to the place where it is, because if you do, then you have to use another car to get there, thus it is impossible to have a house with 0 cars, since you have to leave oen car to get another there. thats where i found it hard to understood.
Back to top Go down
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2   Test Drive Unlimited 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 7:34 am

It depends on how many cars are in the garage when you pick the new car. If the new car is already
in the garage then you can just walk over, open the door and get inside. But if you use your
laptop to pick a car that is at another house, then it magically appears outside with you inside
and the car that is in the hot spot magically moves to the other house to replace the one are
sitting in.

You can have a house with zero cars in the garage, but you will never see it because the car you
drove there will always be in the hot spot. If you own two houses and only one car, the house you
are not in will have an empty garage.

See why it took us three days to figure this out?

Last edited by WoogieMonster on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2   Test Drive Unlimited 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:44 am

yeah, i agree, this game is very broken. thanks for explaining.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2   Test Drive Unlimited 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Test Drive Unlimited 2
Page 1 of 1