Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Drive in Sci-Fi: Not of This Earth (1957)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

Drive in Sci-Fi: Not of This Earth (1957) Empty
PostSubject: Drive in Sci-Fi: Not of This Earth (1957)   Drive in Sci-Fi: Not of This Earth (1957) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:55 pm

Drive in Sci-Fi: Not of This Earth (1957) Notofthisearthposter

The film begins with two people talking telepathically about earth, then we get this disclaimer: "You are about to adventure into the dimension of the impossible. To enter this realm you must set your mind free from the earth fetters that bind it! If the events you are about to witness are unbelievable, it is only because your imagination is chained! sit back, relax and believe.. so that YOU may cross the brink of time and space.. into that land you sometimes visit in your dreams!" How cheap is that! The we cut directly to couple making out in a car. the guy calls her a doll when she leaves, at which point i started to burst in laugh and almost missed hearing stels of invisble person. then a black dressed man aproaches, and ocne he raises his hat she falls down. is she on heroin or something? that man then goes to a doctor for blood trasnfusion and hypnotizes him into helping him. Then he manadges to persuase doctor into maknig his nurse adinister blood to him every day. He als odoes not udnerstnad why cop gives him a ticket, but he knows how to drive. We see that he has a fridge full of blood too. he cartainly is not of this earth, either way you look at it. during this whole 15 minutes we have this low frequency "music" (i guess) playing and thne it suddenly stops and there is no soundtrack. then we ge insturction that is repeated TWICE beucase obviuosly somone in the production team was too stupid to get it first time. apperently its aliens plotting of harvesting earths blood and make us into cattle. what a surprise. Appernetly he also kills people, drain thier blood and burn them. his hired help tells him about bums and obviulsy he figures that kill them is easy blood. But the nurse gets snitchy and the alien finds out about it.
According to small scene with police offiers there are already 13 people dead. The alien has 3 days till his planet or whatever is gone to find out of earth blood fits them and sends a live chineese guy back home for tests. apperently the nurse manadges to steal his food supplement that doctor finds amazing and another alien gets to earth because aliens start to eat eachother for blood. the other alien dies and they start to suspect the guy. they search the house and find the transportation device, and imediatly assume its indestructible. and then all hell breakes loose. the alien goes on rampage to kill everyone who knows about him for the doctor has found a cure.

Story: 7/10. The story was a good one this time. cant complain much about it. maybe about the fact that walking to the house is faster then driving there if your hypnotized, but not much really.
Acting: 5/10. Once again for emotionless people acting without emotions is easy, but it wasnt bad overall.
Sound: 3/10. In the begining we have a low frequency noise, in the midle no soundtract and at the end the crappy music again. voices were good though. definatelly a upgrade from the terrible others i have rewieved.
Sci factor: 7/10. Amazingly good. they went into many topics with quite some knowledge, and altrough the devices did look the 50s crap movie like, it was not bad for the times.
Lasting Appeal: 6/10. This is one to remmeber. not to classify as best classic movies but one sohuld nto forgot this, as this is not one of the bad ones, but seems one of the better ones of the time.
Overall rating: 6/10.
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: Not of This Earth (1957)   Drive in Sci-Fi: Not of This Earth (1957) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:32 pm

do you actually enjoy these movies mate, or are you watching them only because you have time and your friend gave you a heap?......either way they are a fun read so keep at it mate. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: Not of This Earth (1957)   Drive in Sci-Fi: Not of This Earth (1957) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:07 am

Some of them i enjoy, like this one, some of them not so much, but overall its a good experience and being the movie fanatic that i am its all good. i also watch modern movies aswell, just dont review every movie i see, that would be more than spamming hehe.
As for having time, i didnt "had time" since i was in 11th grade. but i sohuldnt tell you, you saw my "list of games to play when i have time". Altrough true that i wouldnt be doing the drive-in sci-fi movies if i didnt have gotten acess to them. there are many many more to come, but i cant take them all at once nor i have time to see them all at once.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: Not of This Earth (1957)   Drive in Sci-Fi: Not of This Earth (1957) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drive in Sci-Fi: Not of This Earth (1957)
Page 1 of 1