Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960) Empty
PostSubject: Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960)   Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:07 am

Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960) Blacksunday1960moviepos

So yeah I'm back from my Crafting addiction fever and am going to review more movies again.
It starts with inquisitor trying to sadistically kill a "witch". it looks like hes the bad guy until 3 minutes into the movie when she opens her mouth and spots the insults only Satan can come up with. She swears revenge before she is executed by mask full of nails (this is one of many horrible torture devices actually used in middle ages). then they bury her with creepy narrator.
We skip some time when a guy bribes a carriage to walk into a dark forest "full of ghosts". This movie comes from Italy and you can see the landscape design being totally different than American one. The carriage breaks down near the old cemetery, that seems to be the same as the on they buried the witch in. A bat flies in and attack the two explorers that arrived with carriage. fighting it they accidentally find a book near the dead witch they open. then they unmask the witch for no reason whatsoever and find that she is intact save for the eyes. actually, she is clearly made out of wax, but we will let that one slip for poor budget effects. One of the cut themselves accidentally and also meet a witch look-a-like who runs to cemetery after hearing the fight with the bat while "talking a walk in the park". An exact witch copy just happens to live right in the same place.
During the night, the witch rises and so does her mind-slave helper. They set out to take over the body of witch look-a-like while she is milking a cow. The slave is one of the explorers. He is converted to a dead slave and promises to bring the look-a-like body. Meanwhile the old caretaker of cemetery is attacked. They also get the doctor in their midst. But there is one flaw, they are afraid of crosses.
After he dies during the night they go after the doctor to find him. He is gone. So the search begins with villagers getting upset as well. The Doctors colleague is as baffled as the rest, and when they finally see it he acts wierd.
They find a hidden cavern behind a painting, go explore in it, find a crypt of the witch and make a plan to find the people that disappear. They do act rationally so there is nothing too strange about it. They find a fresh grave and inside it is a dead doctor. Then it all falls out of window. a pries shows up, start making up ways to kill the witch, by piercing the left eye of her and what not. Why do priests always ruin everything?
The witch is planing a sacrificial ritual to infest the body of the young lady. But they find her in time and fight the helpers she has gained. The witch succeeds but the villagers get to her. the woman however dies. But as the witch dies the wman returns. A Happy ending.

Story: 5/10. Well it was decent.
Acting: 3/10. pretty poor by most actors.
Sound: 1/10. dreadful like usual.
Sci factor: 3/10. It was fine until the priest showed up.
Lasting Appeal: 2/10. Italian witch hunt? no thanks.
Overall rating: 3/10.
Back to top Go down
unrealMWN
Sergeant
Sergeant
unrealMWN

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960)   Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:49 pm

I'll be sure not to pick that one up lol. Also, im sitting here thinking to myself "Where does he pick up all these movies?"
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960)   Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:30 pm

i have never liked these types of movies and would never watch any but i really love reading Strazdas reviews, they are funny and good value thanks mate good to see them back again
Back to top Go down
http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960)   Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:04 am

Actually after writing it i went to IMDB to post my vote and its rated 7,1, called a classic and it seems people are putting it together with blob or the thing. some even compare it to Citizen Kane (which most critics consider the best movie ever). Im really baffled by that. Oh well.
Yeah i have a source for those movie. But sometimes cant find what i want and you see the pauses between reviews. Or like when i did the fly backwards, started from sequel because original was not available.
Most of those movies are awful, but there are some wonders in it. Actually my earliest memory of a movie was a movie saw on television. It was Forbidden Planet (which i reviews not long ago). Its way before my time but it stuck with me. I actually spent years finding which movie it was from.
Actually i watch much more movies that are newer. this is a small graph representing my votes on IMDB by year (didn't find a way to make it larger, sorry)
Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960) Releaseyearratinghistor
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960)   Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:23 pm

wow so you definitely watch many more newer movies than later, that's good that you mix it up all the same, i think you have single-handedly watched more movies in 2011 that i have watched in my whole life, i don't watch many movies at all.
Back to top Go down
http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960)   Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:51 pm

In reply to another person not so long ago i actually counted. 58 movies from 2011 (though since i watch older movies during the year 2011 i have watched more like 300-400 movies). i have to admit, i spend more time on movies/tv shows than on games. To each his own. i wish i had time for everything, but that would take like 72 hours in a day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960)   Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drive in Sci-Fi: Black Sunday (1960)
Page 1 of 1