Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Drive In Sci-Fi: Varan The Unbelievable (1962)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

Drive In Sci-Fi: Varan The Unbelievable (1962) Empty
PostSubject: Drive In Sci-Fi: Varan The Unbelievable (1962)   Drive In Sci-Fi: Varan The Unbelievable (1962) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:09 pm

Drive In Sci-Fi: Varan The Unbelievable (1962) Varantheunbelievablemov
Yes, the terrible reviews of terrible movies are back!
This time we got a Japanese one. They are trying to make a way to purify salt water by economical means. To do so they go to a Kunoshiroshima island to test it due to unique salt water lake they have there. The scientist is however an American with Japanese wife/assistant. They evacuate the local village because they think they are going to contaminate the lake (when the goal is to purify it, logic?). The local village seems to be tribal and think some sort of monster is a deity. They name it Obaki and think it is asleep at the bottom of the lake. The story goes that if its disturbed it will rise and destroy the world. the natives dont want to move and they use army to get them out. they also bring few journalists. the army seems to be ready for war even though thier goal is to just move the natives.
eventually he decides not to move the village and still do the experiments. they fail miserably however and he gets angry and confused. because when you do a totally new experiment and it doesn't work the way you planned you must break all equipment not to try again right? Then Godzilla, oops, i mean Obaki comes out of the lake and kills one of the soldiers. Then they find a gigantic footprint. The army finally spots the monster and starts attacking it. Apparently tanks do not penetrate its skin and the monster still keeps coming.
When the monster comes to attack the village the wife of scientist (that is american) starts crying that its all her fault. that makes little sense but o we will go with it. they disperse planes to fight the monster but it takes them few hours to get around the place.
The monster comes into the sea and then comes out of the sea near a big city. yeah, no Godzilla references at all. Neither depth charges nor plane missiles seem to work on the monster. hes just invincible like Godzilla.
a lot of fighting occurs here but nothing really important really. time filler. Eventually they kill it with the same chemical that awakened it.

Story: 6/10. pretty decent if it wenre for so much time spent shooting stuff.
Acting: 4/10. decent and not too much problems.
Sound: 5/10. oddly enough, not annoying.
Sci factor: 2/10. monster under lake. purify water with chemicals. bah.
Lasting Appeal: 1/10. poor mans godzilla
Overall rating: 4/10.
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Drive In Sci-Fi: Varan The Unbelievable (1962)   Drive In Sci-Fi: Varan The Unbelievable (1962) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 1:47 pm

great to see the reviews back again mate, thanks and keep it up.
Back to top Go down
http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: Drive In Sci-Fi: Varan The Unbelievable (1962)   Drive In Sci-Fi: Varan The Unbelievable (1962) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:04 am

Yep, i ran out of movies and i decided to take a break and gather up few more before i start again, so here we go Smile i got 7 more and probably get some more before i review those 7.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drive In Sci-Fi: Varan The Unbelievable (1962)   Drive In Sci-Fi: Varan The Unbelievable (1962) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drive In Sci-Fi: Varan The Unbelievable (1962)
Page 1 of 1