Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957) Empty
PostSubject: Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957)   Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957) Theamazingcolossalman19

Seen on the big screen in Attack of the Puppet People, here comes the review of The Amazing Colossal Man. The movie takes on radiation from plutonium explosion as the basis for its science. Back then it was very common to blame radiation for everything. Radiation made godzilla apear, it made dead bodies reanimate (also known as zombies), you name it. Right from the first scene we got the cheesy music that is supposed to be scary, funny, fast, romantic, all at the same time. same music for everything they used.
During the bomb experiment plane without fuel lands in the area and then flips over (supposedly crashes). Obivuosly we have a hero that tries to save the pilot, but at that moment the bomb explodes and all hell breakes loose. The man survives atomic explosion and gets badly burn, riiight. the "surgery" consists of putting wet sheets on him and something that looks like wool. in first 10 minutes this movie break so many laws of reality its more funny than scary. Due to what radiation doen to him he is transfered by military for futher experiments but his girlfriend goes on a quest to find him. Pretty smart for a 50s movie woman. She suceeds and then we see for the first time that the man is growing, and fast. At least the military tries to explain it in "science for dummies" sort of way. And then we go into way too long dream sequence which is what i think should be the reason of his madness, not the lack of oxygen anyway. When they try to explain why his heart isnt growing they go all out with how little they knew. the following dialogue fits nicely: "why why did you say that?" "i wish i knew....".
As usual, te giant escapes before they tell him about cure they found. The collosal man has escaped and what else, is attacking a town. Well more like walking in town with no people around. At least not untill they start shooting at it. The end comes soon and the way it was expected, at least by me.
Now to the rating....

Story: 3/10. story... its growing growing growing and then going bonkus. heres the whoel story.
Acting: 3/10. wooden as always.
Action: 1/10. Most of the "damage" he does is throws down a palm. most things he just pick up and place it back in same place afterwards. oh yeah and he kills one guy. for a action movie there wasnt much action.
Sound: 2/10. 2 musics in the whole movie playing over and over again, thus 2 rating.
Sci factor: 3/10. would have been fine, if not for the heart explanation which totaly ruined it.
Overall rating: 3/10
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957)   Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 2:31 pm

another epic review for a somewhat epic movie, once again i will pass on the movie, but love reading the reviews......keep them coming and thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
valgaard
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: good review   Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 3:39 pm

these old movie reviews are great, they always make me laught keep em coming
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957)   Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:32 am

I will, you could have replied instead of making new topic though Razz
Back to top Go down
valgaard
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: heya   Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:35 am

oops lol sorry i diddent even realize until you replied
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957)   Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:36 am

Happens Smile Im sure somone can merge topics here.
Back to top Go down
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957)   Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:10 am

Merged... FOR THE BLOODGOD!
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957)   Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:20 am

I will have to sacrifice a virgin to thank him now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957)   Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drive in Sci-Fi: The Anazing Colossal Man (1957)
Page 1 of 1