Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

my Witcher 2 review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

my Witcher 2 review Empty
PostSubject: my Witcher 2 review   my Witcher 2 review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 12:27 am

Ok guys so here is my Witcher 2 Assassins of king’s review for you all.

my Witcher 2 review 71241702.th

NOTE: may contain small spoilers

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a third-person role-playing game developed by Polish studio CD Projekt RED and is a sequel to the 2007 pc game The Witcher.

The game directly starts of after the events of the first Witcher and you step back into the shoes of Geralt once again, I would recommend people to play through the first game if they have the chance but even if they don’t the story does a decent job of filling in some of the blanks along the way.

my Witcher 2 review 33144391.th
my Witcher 2 review 58206560.th

I would start of by saying this game is a mature rpg with an adult theme and has a very steep learning curve but is well worth the time it takes to get past some of the early frustrations whilst learning the ropes, the mature nature of this game means there really is no black in white in your decision making and a lot of your actions lead to consequences later on in the story.

The game is divided into a prologue, three chapters and an epilogue and if we think of it like that we could say the prologue is a introduction into the game mechanics and basics of how to use the varying abilities and styles of Geralt, while the chapters are the real grit or meat of the story with exciting and enjoyable main quests, side quests and plenty of action to be had, and a little icing on the cake with epilogue.

During the prologue, Geralt is interrogated in a prison of the kingdom of Temeria by Roche, the commander of a group of Temerian special forces known as the Blue Stripes, regarding the assassination of the king of Temeria, King Foltest. Geralt recounts the events leading up to Foltest's death, during which he acted as Foltest's bodyguard, Geralt is accused of killing the king and is given a chance to prove his innocence and this gets us right to the heart of the story line in this installment.

Now then, the gameplay has been in my opinion revamped completely from the first, whereas in the first fighting seemed to stop-start and very cumbersome, now plays out very similar to any other third person action game, with the ability to dive, use different attacks, finishing moves, magic and of course traps and potions to add you in your fighting whilst on the go.

my Witcher 2 review 65703592.th

my Witcher 2 review 89442603.th

my Witcher 2 review 35530093.th

You can upgrade and use different weapons, armor and the look and style of Geralt which is a huge improvement over the first game, as well as that, the crafting system and level up system is heaps of fun and very in-depth, really allowing for multiple play throughs to explore all the different styles one can implore along the way….

my Witcher 2 review W10ck.th

This game is meant to be played through more than once, with many different ending and game styles encouraging you to try your hand at different things and see how it all plays out.

Enemies are varied and challenging and use a very good AI to try and flank and take you down, you will die in this game, so save often and learn how the different enemies approach fights to best them.

Of course as well as doing the main and side quests you can play poker, engage in fist fights and arm wrestle to earn extra cash and unlock more quests and unique items as rewards.

This game isn’t perfect, the inventory system is a little muddled and is not easy to navigate around, some of the quests are not well explained causing you to incomplete them and buying items from vendors can also be frustrating due to the confusing inventory system of yourself and the npc.

my Witcher 2 review W11p.th

But really these are not a big issue you get used to it, and don’t spoil the game in any manner what so ever.

the world is massive and you are free to go to most places within the chapter areas, so its definitely a non-linear game in that sense.

my Witcher 2 review W12x.th

The voice acting in this game is absolutely amazing, some of the best I have ever experienced, with a huge dialog component, and a wide variety of voices to keep you interested, the music is good if not a little dry at times, and everything in this regard works incredibly together.

there are some cut scenes and they use this really funky cartoony still picture method to advance and tell significant points which i found really enjoyable.

my Witcher 2 review 81835569.th
my Witcher 2 review 38613324.th

The graphics are simply superb, they are incredible, I often found myself stopping in an area to admire the views, before continuing along on my quests…….

my Witcher 2 review 78705741.th
my Witcher 2 review 42419832.th

So to sum up for you all, if you like rpg’s this is for you, if you like third person action games this ticks the box, if you like a rich mature adult based storyline this game is for you………..this game is a huge blast from start to finish..

I haven’t finished the first play-through and unofficially am in the high 30 hour mark, with still one chapter and the epilogue to complete….this game has plenty of content and I would highly recommend doing everything you can that this game has to offer.

I have to give this game a 9.5/10 and for me is by far the best game of 2011

PC Minimum System Requirements

Operating system Windows XP
CPU Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD 2.5 GHz equivalent
Memory 1 GB for Windows XP / 2 GB for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Hard drive space 16 GB of free space
Graphics hardware DirectX 9.0c: Nvidia GeForce 8800, 512 MB memory or ATI HD3850 512 MB
Sound hardware DirectX 9.0c

im playing this game on the M17x in my sig and have settings at high and ultra with ubersampling off and native resolution of 1920x1080 and the game runs perfectly.

So that’s my overview for you all if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: my Witcher 2 review   my Witcher 2 review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 3:12 am

I was wondering when this would come up. i heard its a great game. i was wondering ifits longer than the first one, because i was told it was and the first one is the longest rpg game i ever known.
nice review you wrote but thing that i find odd is that you give 9.5 to the best game, so the whole point of having a 10 score system is moot due to the fact that its impossible to get 10. maybe we should have a 9.5/9.5 system then?
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

PostSubject: Re: my Witcher 2 review   my Witcher 2 review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 1:30 pm

a game that is 10/10 is a perfect game, now this game has a few flaws ie the inventory system, so because of these small facts i had to adjust my score from a 10/10 to a 9.5/10, if there wasnt those small poor points it would have been a 10 game for sure.
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: my Witcher 2 review   my Witcher 2 review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 6:23 am

there is no such thing as a perfect game. therefore, 10/10 is impossible.

also,
Quote :
i was wondering if its longer than the first one, because i was told it was and the first one is the longest rpg game i ever known.
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

PostSubject: Re: my Witcher 2 review   my Witcher 2 review Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:57 pm

Strazdas wrote:
there is no such thing as a perfect game. therefore, 10/10 is impossible.

also,
Quote :
i was wondering if its longer than the first one, because i was told it was and the first one is the longest rpg game i ever known.

i have to disagree for me mass effect 2 was a perfect game, baldars gate 1 and 2 where perfect games, diablo 2 was a perfect game, red alert 2 was a perfect game......that doesn't mean they don't have flaws, for me if the flaws a small and don't take away from the gaming experience i don't consider them, the witcher 2 is a near perfect game for me, but the interface was a real annoying thing, and took away from some of the experience therefor i only gave it 9.5.

and regards to your question, i am still on the last chapter with the epilogue to go, and im guessing the game will run up around 40hrs of game-time by the end, maybe even a little bit more....i cant remember the Witcher as being the longest rpg ive played, im thinking in modern times for me dragon age took around 90hrs to complete doing nearly every side-quest.....

Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: my Witcher 2 review   my Witcher 2 review Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:01 am

ahh well in that scaling i can see where your rating is coming from.

well first witcher was being played for months here. litteraly. i mean i always do all sidequests and so on so thats that. i havent palyed dragon age (and frankly atm more focused in finding a job and reading a book) but i did hear its a long one. oh well so many games on the list and so little time. i want 48 hour days!
Back to top Go down
unrealMWN
Sergeant
Sergeant
unrealMWN

PostSubject: Re: my Witcher 2 review   my Witcher 2 review Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 2:31 am

Fantastic review mate!
Looking forward to your next one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my Witcher 2 review   my Witcher 2 review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my Witcher 2 review
Page 1 of 1