Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

my Two worlds 2 review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

my Two worlds 2 review Empty
PostSubject: my Two worlds 2 review   my Two worlds 2 review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Heres my Two worlds 2 review for you all…….

this is quite extensive but hopefully not to much of a bore.

my Two worlds 2 review 2w1v.th

my Two worlds 2 review 2w9f.th

Two Worlds II is a rpg game developed by Reality Pump and published by TopWare Interactive as a sequel to the 2007 game Two Worlds, and although it is tied loosely to the first is really its own game and playing the first isn’t needed at all.

The story picks up directly after events of the original Two World’s with you and your sister held captive by the evil Gandahar. You don’t know all the details at first but you are officially listed as “prisoner” at this point. Your sister has the power of Aziraal trapped within her and Gandahar is draining her powers away in an effort to supplement his own as he exerts his plan to dominate the lands of Antaloor. We are soon thrown into control of our hero as assisted by allies you didn’t know you had you make a daring escape from captivity which brings you to a path to destiny that is much larger than you could ever imagine………and let the adventure begin….

Basically I will say from my own experience with the game the plot is weak at best, but does do enough to hold the overwhelmingly immense quest base well, this game has quests galore and they are so much fun and enjoyable that it has to be said this is where this game truly shines as a fun and somewhat addictive RPG.

The game is a third person RPG simular to the likes of Oblivion and Morrowind.

my Two worlds 2 review 2w10i.th

The quests vary from collection/fighting/stealing/stomping/racing your way through Antaloor and they are simply put, a tonne of fun to work through.

You can set up three hotkey fighting styles which allows you to seamlessly switch between say a melee style to a archer or maybe a mage class, the great thing is you can set each class to have different gear set ups which also switch automatically giving your class the best stat boosts possible without having to swap gear and waste time from your daily hack and slash.

As you hack your way through the lands you will undoubtedly collect a massive amount of loot, now this is where one of the shining stars of this game come into play, the crafting system is amazing, you as you level can dismantle, combine and upgrade all of your weapons, armor, rings, gems and spells, what is brilliant about this idea is weapons and armor have a much longer life span, you can break down your loot making room for more inventory space and have heaps of fun trying out different things that are quite unique.

my Two worlds 2 review 2w6c.th

my Two worlds 2 review 2w4p.th

Of course there are shops around the towns and cities which allow you to sell your loot or buy your gear, and because of the crafting system you can buy an average piece of gear and turn it into something special….

You can pick pockets, as well as lock pick, and both of these options have fun and simple mini-game modes.

As well as that you can also ride horses and sail boats to travel around, or if you are too lazy for that, you can use the teleports that are scattered all over the place, once you have discovered a teleport location you can tele back there from any other location at a click of a button.

my Two worlds 2 review 2w7.th

As well as that you can also create and refine your own magic spells, by collecting spell bases you can combine and create your own spells once again making for some fun and interesting combinations as well as that you can stack them for added power which is great.

my Two worlds 2 review 2w12.th

my Two worlds 2 review 2w2h.th

That’s not all you can also create your own potions, yes that’s right but collecting body parts, and vegetation you can combine and create an almost endless variety of potions which can be as simple as health or mana regen up to revive spells, this combinations are endless.

my Two worlds 2 review 2w3l.th

So keeping all these ideas in mind, when it comes to allocation of your skill and level points you have to be mindful of what you are trying to focus on, you have level points which affect strength/mana/health/ and archery as well as that you have skill tree type things for each of the fighting classes as well as magic, crafting and stealth, each of these are also broken up into specializations so the amount of choices are huge……..

my Two worlds 2 review 2w5x.th

As well as that you have the same again for the multiplayer modes of the game, I haven’t spent a lot of time online with the game but there are PVP and PVE modes, as well as adventures where you can co-op through varying quests with up to 7 friends, these quests vary from 30mins at the start to 2 or more hours in that latter adventures.

One great feature is you really do feel your character getting stronger as you level up, its great to experience and one thing missing from other games of it type in resent years.

The map is informative and shows current quest locations as well as that you have a quest log which is great, you can place your own markers at destinations which show up on the in game hud.

The graphics are very good, the world looks clean and is huge, the map is massive, some of the areas are only accessible through the multiplayer but with various caves and dungeons at your deposal there is plenty of variation to keep you interested.

my Two worlds 2 review 2w11.th

The in game music is a bit repetitive but other than that the rest of the sound effects are fine if not great, the voice acting is actually quite good and the sense of humor is good and some of the one liners delivered are classic.

So to the bad aspects of the game, there are some graphic glitches where body parts can act a little strange, somewhat similar to some of the glitches in fallout 3, and there are occasional random crashes, fortunately the game AutoSaves a lot and saving manually is easy as pie….

This game is huge fun don’t go into it thinking of an epic storyline, but if you go in thinking hours upon hours of great, fun quests and action you will be pleasantly surprised, I am 20+ hours into it and am only just starting out chapter 2 of which there are 4……….and it seems that on average the game will yield between 70-100 hours depending on how many quests are completed.

I don’t care what anyone says that many hours of fun filled quests is great in anyone’s book.

I give the game a very solid 7.5/10 if it addressed some of the crashing issues it would be a definite 8/10

I run the game flawlessly on max settings using my M17x
Well that’s it if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Back to top Go down
http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: my Two worlds 2 review   my Two worlds 2 review Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:26 am

This sounds very fun indeed. i love precise custumization. i will be adding this to my long list of games.
Back to top Go down
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

PostSubject: Re: my Two worlds 2 review   my Two worlds 2 review Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:09 am

I got into a very heated discussion on this game in the Steam forums. I might buy it if it goes on sale for 10 bucks, otherwise it's severely over-priced for a single-player gamer.
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

PostSubject: Re: my Two worlds 2 review   my Two worlds 2 review Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:38 am

WoogieMonster wrote:
I got into a very heated discussion on this game in the Steam forums. I might buy it if it goes on sale for 10 bucks, otherwise it's severely over-priced for a single-player gamer.

well i might have to disagree with you mate, the game is cheaper than oblivion at its release and to be honest im enjoying it a lot more than oblivion, as well as that, two worlds 2 has multiplayer options as well as a completely seperate and different adventure co-op mode as well, i know you dont play the mp aspect but im just trying to compare the two recent competitors with this game, in Morrowind and oblivion, in my opinion oblivion was no where near as much fun as this at release, it really took the modding community to save it, and even then i didn't enjoy it as much.

although it would be great to pay less for it, its a very reasonable price for what you get. afro
Back to top Go down
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

PostSubject: Re: my Two worlds 2 review   my Two worlds 2 review Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 7:38 pm

There's an afro pimp smiley? Why haven't I seen this???

Anywho. The problem with the game is not really a question of whether it's a "bad game," the problem is that it's billed as a "single-player / multiplayer" game and it is not. It is a multiplayer game that has a meager single-player campaign. In Two Worlds 1 the production value of the game literally drops by half around the midpoint of the single-player campaign. It's so extremely noticeable that when I got to that point in the story I stopped and checked to see if my GPU was crashing. There are threads of others voicing the same complaint, and it's not a momentary drop, it is that way for the remainder of the game. Even if you manage to ignore the countless other problem, the quality drop is unforgivable. Eventually, they did patch the game to fix some of the problems, but only for multiplayers. If you purchase Two Worlds 1 right now, it is still a broken game in single-player mode that has an uncommonly high chance of not working at all unless you deal with tech support. The company made it clear that their only priority was the multiplayer.

In Two Worlds 2, just in case you didn't get the memo in the first game, they again make it extremely clear that they do not care and are not concerned with single-player gamers. This game is still plagued with many of the bugs / crashes / unplayable glitches from the first game and when problems are reported, they are only addressed for multiplayer and that's if they address the problem at all. And probably the most blatant and flagrant "f*** you" I have ever seen in any game ever in my 30 years of life, is that 70 percent of the games play-map is completely off-limits to single-players. If that in itself is not bad enough, there is a rumor that they might open the map for single-players sometime in the far future with DLC. WHAT?!?!?!

So the bottom line is that if you are a single-player gamer, this is what you are doing; Paying $50 for a game that might not function, but if it does function you can only play 30 percent of the content, and there is a rumor that maybe one day the company might allow you to pay them again to give you access to rest of the game you already purchased.

But on the other hand, if you do not like MMO's but do want to play with a small group of people, then this might be a pretty good game for you..... if it works when you install it.
------------------------------

afro
Like a BOSS!
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

PostSubject: Re: my Two worlds 2 review   my Two worlds 2 review Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:26 pm

well mate i didnt play the first two worlds game so i have no idea of the problems haunting that game, all i can go by is experience, and the simple fact is the game runs amazing on my laptop, everything at max settings and FPS so high i decided to put on Vsync to keep it in check, and yes i stated in my review that there are occasional crashes but other than that its flawless....

personally i don't care how much of the map is unlocked for sp mode, 70+ hrs to complete the single player game doing all the quests is plenty for me mate, if someone expects more from a a single player experience then meh.

im confused by your statement of a meager single player campaign, 70 odd hours isn't meager in anyone's language mate......and there is a difference in 30% map and 30% content, most of the content is in the single player campaign, apart from some of the map areas for the co-op and multiplayer aspects of the game, the single player is abundantly rich in content and quests, so no it doesn't bother me that i cant go to all areas on the map.....

i guess ive said all i can, i haven;t played multiplayer and am loving the single player campaign, much, much more than oblivion....so for myself anyway $47 well spent.

Back to top Go down
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

PostSubject: Re: my Two worlds 2 review   my Two worlds 2 review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:06 am

I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way after having such a bad experience with the first game, and then this one not stating anywhere (until after the barrage of complaints) that most of the game was only for multiplayer. It was very underhanded.

People did compare the first game to Oblivion, but with the new one it's a bad comparison because Oblivion is 5 years old. I predict that when Skyrim releases this year it will rightfully be compared to Two Worlds 2 and The Witcher 2, and I predict Two Worlds will lose to both the other titles.

I'm really glad it works so well for you, if you look at the forums you'll see that most customers can not say that.
Two Worlds 1 is on Steam too, I'll send it to you before I go to bed, it's only like 20 bucks, I think.

----------------

I'm putting the afro pimp everywhere, you should never have showed it to me.
afro
Da womenz, where they at?
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: my Two worlds 2 review   my Two worlds 2 review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:04 am

i guess itso ne of those games where the game draws a lottery at instalaton whether it works or not. had that with civilization. exactly same machine, first install - flawless gameplay, second install - animations doesnt work, third install - can only play in windowed mode with only few animations working, fouth install - flawless again. during third install i tried to find and fix the problem and found out like 90% of people cant run the game properly either and first two installs i was "lucky" to get it so "good". nevetheless i still love that game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my Two worlds 2 review   my Two worlds 2 review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my Two worlds 2 review
Page 1 of 1