Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Drive In Sci-Fi: I Bury The Living (1958)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

Drive In Sci-Fi: I Bury The Living (1958) Empty
PostSubject: Drive In Sci-Fi: I Bury The Living (1958)   Drive In Sci-Fi: I Bury The Living (1958) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:36 pm

Drive In Sci-Fi: I Bury The Living (1958) Iburytheliving1958poste

Copy of this one seems to be incomplete and skips some frames, so i wont mind the inconsistencies so much and blame it on that.
We start of in cemetery where a new caretaker is coming to work. Why do they need to live there anyway? there are no such people in cemeteries in here, we just have people that come to work there and thats it. They have a whole map of cemetery that looks pretty cool. Apparently most of the graves are actually bought but not buried yet. There is also a new cemetery chairman that is not happy about being in the position but so far i cant see how that has anything to do with the story. (i also noticed that my "f" button doesnt work half the time, woot).
A newly married couple drives in to buy the lot, and they die the same day, which the new caretaker finds very odd, but the old one jut brush it as coincidence. The new caretaker also has a good looking girl but they don't appear to be married. the thing is that the girl looks 18 and the guy 50, which is pretty odd choice of actors. There also seems some guy performing voodoo on a bunny and end up killing himself?No apparently it was caused by the new caretaker putting a "dead" pin in the map. he panics and thinks hes causing the death. His colleges are trying to convince him hes wrong by making him conduct experiment and do it again. It works. they get an Lieutenant in but he doesn't believe him either. Apparently the caretaker and the chairman is the same thing, i blame the cracks. well anyway his name is bob and bobs girlfriend thinks hes crazy too. 4 deaths like that, 2 of them to totally young people is way more than a coincidence. especially in Hollywood.
The committee forces him to put a black pin on one of thier wives to prove him wrong. silly people. He does it, though reluctantly. The old caretaker comes barging in saying that he shouldn't mess with forces he doesn't know but he shoes him away (instead of say, questioning him?). He sits there calling everyone that should fie and torturing himself mentally. He eventually gets a call from the officer that two of the 3 are dead and one is missing. things dont shine well for him. no evidence of homicide however. After a nasty conversation with the last one all 3 are dead.
Police still doesn't believe him and do an experiment of pinning someone dead who is in another continent. lets see how that plays out, experimenting with human lives ftw. The guy figures out he must have the power of reviving dead just like he puts black ones to kill. and he just sets a lot of people to white. He manages to revive them and they dig out of their graves. The old gravedigger re-killed them and burried them back in. he blames it all on the bobs psychic powers and not the map. The old guard seems to go crazy or is that an effect bob has on him. eventually he dies of fright just at the time police breaks in. Police thinks it was all the old gravedigger. So, case solved for them.

Story: 9/10. pretty damn good one.
Acting: 8/10. surprise surprise. it was good.
Sound: 2/10. very bad just like the usual.
Sci factor: 7/10. it wasn't much science, but it done well on this one.
Lasting Appeal: 10/10. reminds me of Dellamorte Dellamore. that is all.
Overall rating: 7/10.

Back to top Go down

Drive In Sci-Fi: I Bury The Living (1958)
Page 1 of 1