Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Drive in Sci-Fi: Night of the Ghouls (1959)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

Drive in Sci-Fi: Night of the Ghouls (1959) Empty
PostSubject: Drive in Sci-Fi: Night of the Ghouls (1959)   Drive in Sci-Fi: Night of the Ghouls (1959) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:30 am

Drive in Sci-Fi: Night of the Ghouls (1959) Nightoftheghouls1959pos

The third movie of the ed wood series im reviewing at the moment, once again presented by a Criswell, this time, laying in a grave. There supposedly is a movie called "Sinister Urge" made in 1960 that is supposed to follow this, but this once again i was not able to locate, so ill be sticking to those 3 movies of Ed Wood for the moment.

This movie starts in police station, where a guy named "John Doe" comes in to make a report. He seems to be unable to write either. The horrible narration is back, this time pestering us about police records on car accidents and kid fights. why should we even care?
The action starts sooner in his one, a woman who is dressed white is chased by another woman who is dressed black (yeah you see where this is going) and seems to hide her face under a piece of black cloth, or is that just bad camera operation. Her boyfriend comes to get help but also gets killed by the black woman.
Back at station, an old couple tells their story how they saw a shining woman in white (supposedly ghost) walk around near the road and since she had her hands polished they must assume its a monster out there and run to the police, instead of, say, helping the poor girl?
The police is going to investigate the accident and one cop does nto want to be there because he want to go to opera, another one is afraid of "monsters, space people, mad doctors" in there. i guess thats a reference for the 2 previous movies, as we know there was a mad doctor, spacemen and i suppose we can even say monsters. I guess the old house and cemetary are the same sets as the old two movies, so finally we found a way to tie the different movies together.
At the house the policeman meets a medium, his name is Dr. Acula. Oh i see what they did there. At least he is not a footage of Lugosi. He offers to "raise the dead" and the leutenant decides to play along. The second cop arrives and is scared witless but stil lgoes in to search for what is happening and his partner. The show in the house continues and you cant decide whether it was poor moviemaking or it was intended to look so fake, because after all they are in fake mediums house. The lieutenant goes to the back stage to search for... something, and the owner finds out. they get Lobo, the old assistant of the mad doctor from the Bride of the Monster, and lock him up in a room. Lobo also Gets the second police officer, and everyone just thinks its a show.
More policeman show up, they shoot Lobo (he was shot at least 15 times in the first movie, no effect, now he falls after 3 shots). The bad guys make a run for it and the police is trying to chase after them. meanwhile the bad guys are delayed by a real zombies. They are people returned from the dead apparently, they speak and tell him his fake medium power is actually a real medium power and the zombies are going to kill him for that. The reasoning is "we all got 3 hours of time per year on earth, you wasted that time". this is the wierdest ghost explanation i heard. And they bury him for real, alive.
Then they all turn back to skeletons and police finds them. They theorize what happened here but has no idea.

Story: 4/10. A fake medium turns out to be rela medium and dies for it. what a shocker.
Acting: 4/10. acting was ok, its nothing superior, but its ok.
Sound: 2/10. i would have given it a fine rating if it weren't those stupid sound effects in the fake medium show. those were soo annoying as well as the screams.
Sci factor: 0/10. Ghost have 3 hours per year on earth because thats what hell allows them. sort of like holiday.
Lasting Appeal: 2/10. i was thinking long how to rate this, but that simply means i probably wont remember it after a week.
Overall rating: 2/10
Back to top Go down

Drive in Sci-Fi: Night of the Ghouls (1959)
Page 1 of 1