Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Drive in Sci-Fi: Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

Drive in Sci-Fi: Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959) Empty
PostSubject: Drive in Sci-Fi: Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959)   Drive in Sci-Fi: Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Drive in Sci-Fi: Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959) 1959%20-%20Plan%209%20From%20Outer%20Space%20%28DVD%29

It is funny how the poster has "almost starring Bela Lugosi" as the last movie we reviewed was his last one. there was plans for him to be in this one.
Supposedly this is the sequel to the last time reviewed Bride of the Monster (1955). However it opens up as a new movie completely with the guy in a suit telling us we are about to see something shocking and terrifying about the future. He calls it "Grave Robbers from outer space" though. So maybe he mixed up the movies and went to film in the wrong one? well his future isnt famous then.
We have a narrator during the movie itself as well, and surprisingly - its not annoying. We also see how a alien spacecraft attacks a plane. It lands, or crashes, i dont know. Then a martisha comes out of it. well at least a woman looking like she should have been in adams family. Looks like everyone in here has went into the wrong movie. Then suddenly another undead comes up, one that supposedly is dracula and uses Bela Lugosi footage on some shots and covers his face with a cape in others. It really is a failed vampire. They attack police that is on the scene to investigate two dead grave robbers that martisha has killed, and they mess the cop up too. police goes to a conclusion: somebody's responsible. Well no shit.
Then we get a lot of saucers, a lot of strange scenes, a lot of strange narrative that now is very annoying, i take my words back. Army is also chasing them and they attacked the saucers. The usual, humans attack first and then cry why they are so mean to us. The saucers on CLEAR strings retreat.
Back in alien base, they decide to use plan 9 - resurrect the dead to kill the living. They raise a total of 3 zombies and chase some woman living locally. thats they plan to take over humanity?
They then do a show of power, and the police and military bickers whether they are real or not. nothing really much happened. They "save humans" from one of thier own zombies and want to converse with them. They want to let the 3 guys left around to enter the spaceship and they do.
The alien gives lecture on evolution of weapons and how humans will destroy themselves and the universe. By exploding the sun no less. Then he tells them that god does not allow it. Apparently god does not want destruction of universe.
Fight breaks out started by humans ofc and they beat aliens with force, because you know, we want to explode the universe. The humans escape, the flying saucer escapes the earth while being on fire and flies away.

Story: 3/10. bad bad bad.
Acting: 2/10. even worse.
Sound: 2/10. the usual awful sound.
Sci factor: 1/10. electrolytes controlling zombies because aliens want to stop us from exploding sun particles.
Lasting Appeal: 3/10. i wouldnt say its the worst movie ever, such place i keep for "disaster movie", but it certainly isnt one i want to remember.
Overall rating: 2/10
Back to top Go down

Drive in Sci-Fi: Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959)
Page 1 of 1