Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Marx Brothers: Horse Feathers (1932)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

Marx Brothers: Horse Feathers (1932) Empty
PostSubject: Marx Brothers: Horse Feathers (1932)   Marx Brothers: Horse Feathers (1932) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:17 am

Marx Brothers: Horse Feathers (1932) Page2_horsefeathers_200

Apperently there is a band called Horse Feathers as well. This time Groucho is becoming professor of wexley university. How he became one we never know. he seems to break every possible rule in here and teach everyone how to talk. Zeppo is his son and a student, so a trouble is bound to come. Too bad singing and bad dancing scenes are back. The movie is 66 minutes long, so obivuosly they had to use them as fillers to drag what otherwise woudl be 30 minutes of fun into the standart 1hour+ movie standart. this ends up in a bar-kazino and as always Chico is in his role of doing crazy stuff. This is probably the first time the scene of wining coins from a phone was used. if anyone know an older variant of that your welcome to correct me. i know abbot and costelo copied it too. in the next scene zeppo sayss to a girl she is nice and her reply is "are you making love to me"? i guess different standarts back then, but even for that this looked pretty big assumption. thne he starts singing about tigers in the jungle, ugh. The main plot seems to be a love story with universitys widow, and everyone is trying to get a hang of her, while she is trying to get a hang of the football team. there is bound to be eerie situations with all 4 Marx brothers coming in for her. eventually it turns towards the football match and kidnaping of other team members, from both sides. they end up doing a match anyway breaking all rules possible and still wining.
there is much less smart speak and much more slapstick in this movie thna the other two, but not as good as charlie or AnC did, so here it it is lacking, together with the bad musical inceptions this doesnt shine all that much.
Rating: 6/10

and as always, the online version
Back to top Go down

Marx Brothers: Horse Feathers (1932)
Page 1 of 1