Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Drive in Sci-fi: Attack of the Puppet People (1958)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

Drive in Sci-fi: Attack of the Puppet People (1958) Empty
PostSubject: Drive in Sci-fi: Attack of the Puppet People (1958)   Drive in Sci-fi: Attack of the Puppet People (1958) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:43 pm

Back in the days when people drove to the movies shown in huge carparks to have sex in their vehicles instead of watching movies anything was fair enough to show in those theatres. from "The Adventures of Rat Phink and Boo Boo" to "The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed Up Zombies" people created a lot of low budged flicks, msot still in black and white. The Drive In Sci-Fi Rubric will be dedicated to reviewing such movies. Those that survived anyway.

Drive in Sci-fi: Attack of the Puppet People (1958) Attackofthepuppetpeople
click the image to enlarge

The movie is your traditional low bidged old sci-fi movie. cheesy music, bad dialogue, pick your poison. The story starts as the pupetter hires new secretary. The movie is seeded with clues for those that seek them, but i wont spoil the surprise. It actually features a scene where people are in drive in theater watching "the amazing collosal man". But obviuosly noone pays any attention to it. At least this movie tries to give you a story of how things came to that isntead of jumping right in as the movies usually do.
The "scientific explanation" of the process however is hilariuos. The other "family members" acting like they like it was probably the most ridicule moment though. there really isnt that much happening in this movie, its full of slow awkward scenes. and their escape plan doesnt really is a plan at all. only at the theater they actually try something reasonable. And they cant make 6 miles on foot? thats like 1.5 hours of fast walk, and they are runing. To sum it up it wanst much of an Attack of the Puppet people but rather the idea of "honey i minimized kids" 40 years too early. As in most sci-fi of its time, they had an idea, but they didnt use the chance well enough. In general, not as bad as the usual stuff released in its period, but not too good overall.

Story: 7/10. They had it better than average no story monster movie.
Acting: 2/10. Acting? what acting?
Action: 1/10. You minimized us and forced us to dance for you? yeah that works.
Sound: 2/10. The usual cheesy music of its time.
Sci factor: 2/10.
Overall rating: 3/10
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-fi: Attack of the Puppet People (1958)   Drive in Sci-fi: Attack of the Puppet People (1958) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:07 pm

great review mate, i loved it, im ctually guessing i will have more fun reading your comments than actually watching the movie so ill be passing on the movie, but looking forward to your next installment. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-fi: Attack of the Puppet People (1958)   Drive in Sci-fi: Attack of the Puppet People (1958) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:06 am

yeah well as i stated in my opening sentences any excuse went for a movie back then. heck the title is very misleading, the poster is very misleading and this trend will continue in most of such movies. I have aquired acess to a persons collection of such movies so these reviews will be coming little by little Smile
Next one on the list will be the amazing collosal man, as briefly seen in this movie Razz

also i must note that after you replied in this topic there was no "new replies" notification in the movies and music forums, altrough it works good in other forums. this may need investigation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drive in Sci-fi: Attack of the Puppet People (1958)   Drive in Sci-fi: Attack of the Puppet People (1958) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drive in Sci-fi: Attack of the Puppet People (1958)
Page 1 of 1