Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

ranks in the clan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
valgaard
Sergeant
Sergeant

ranks in the clan Empty
PostSubject: ranks in the clan   ranks in the clan Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:28 pm

this posting for rank things kinda fun its like a storytelling cod game lol ill be posting lots now ; )
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

ranks in the clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: ranks in the clan   ranks in the clan Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:07 pm

its like that in almost every forum, have you been living under a rock Razz
Back to top Go down
valgaard
Sergeant
Sergeant

ranks in the clan Empty
PostSubject: heya   ranks in the clan Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 5:47 pm

yes , as a matter of fact i have, lol i never did the forum thing and this is the first clan i ever took seriously ,its ok though.
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

ranks in the clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: ranks in the clan   ranks in the clan Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 9:15 pm

what it does is encourage people to post and feel like they are getting something for there efforts, its not a physical thing, but it can come in very handy if the forums get bigger and we get more users.

if that happens then i will be offering game prizes for activity at the site, but i really want 20 more members here before i consider using my money for that purpose.....if anyone has friends that may not even want to join the clan the forums are here and a fun friendly place to be part of, so feel free to invite them along.....
Back to top Go down
http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

ranks in the clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: ranks in the clan   ranks in the clan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:49 am

So i have been reading and posting and whatnot and couldnt find a definate answer to coupel questions about forum ranking system and whatnot.

What i would like to know:

I have noticed that i get 1 point for every reply and 2 points for every new topic? is that correct? is there any other way to earn points?
I see the thanks button at some posts and dont at other posts, why is that?
How many ranks do we have, what are they and what post count brings them?
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

ranks in the clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: ranks in the clan   ranks in the clan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:15 pm

ok so thanks for your interest regarding the ranking system........

so firstly ill list all the ranks the we have here at the site.

General of the Army / Webmaster / Moderator of the army

these three are related to admins and moderators so are not associated with post count.

the rest are as follows with the number indicating the amount of posts needed to attain that rank.

Recruit 0
Private 5
Corporal 15
Sergeant 35
Lieutenant 65
Captain 100
Major 200
Commander 350
Colonel 500

now as well as the ranking system we also have a points system which as you said gives points to users based on topics replied and created, there are a few exceptions, depending on what forum you post in.........at the moment points system isnt that useful but i intend to use it as a basis of how active users are and give more points during competition's for bringing in new members, writing details reviews etc.....so its a work in progress.......

as well as that we have a reputation system as well which is what it says, basically if someone finds a certain topic or reply helpful etc they can either press the Thanks button which can only be used in certain forums, off topic etc doesnt count or give +/- rep by hitting the appropraite icon within the post, both will work towards giving rep towards that member, rep is only useful to inform others in the forums of people who are helpful/active/informative etc.

both these ideas are a work in progress i think at the moment because the forum is only now starting to grow it will have to be a trial and error when we get more numbers.

Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

ranks in the clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: ranks in the clan   ranks in the clan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Thanks for a reply however there is sitll a question left unanswered. How exactly does the point system work, as i see you have 2,15 times the points as you have posts, therefore there must be a way to gain more than 2 points (creating a topic) and obviuosly more than 1 (replying in a topic) i did notice that by writting a movie rewiev i have recieved 4 points or is my math incorrect?
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

ranks in the clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: ranks in the clan   ranks in the clan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Strazdas wrote:
Thanks for a reply however there is sitll a question left unanswered. How exactly does the point system work, as i see you have 2,15 times the points as you have posts, therefore there must be a way to gain more than 2 points (creating a topic) and obviuosly more than 1 (replying in a topic) i did notice that by writting a movie rewiev i have recieved 4 points or is my math incorrect?

when we introduced the the points system admins and moderators where given a set number, that is why i have more than you, and yes i also have the power to give or remove points to an individual depending on any given situation, and yes the points are given out in different amounts depending on if you create a topic or reply to a topic or create topics in different forums, im not going to say which will give more or less and i change it periodically so that we can get more interest in different forums.....

thanks for showing interest, and i hope that answers your question well enough to keep you satisfied.

Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

ranks in the clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: ranks in the clan   ranks in the clan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Yes, that covers it pretty much. Thank you for your time and patience. I can see why you dont want to disclose the exact number of points system. It becomes a lottery of which section is better this week/month Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ranks in the clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: ranks in the clan   ranks in the clan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ranks in the clan
Page 1 of 1