Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Neverwinter Nights 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xNomaD
General of the Army
General of the Army
xNomaD

Neverwinter Nights 2 Empty
PostSubject: Neverwinter Nights 2   Neverwinter Nights 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:38 am

I've been looking at this game for awhile, looks pretty good, plus it isnt all that expensive, could be an RPG to last me awhile. It's also got 4 player coop which is pretty beast, i love coop. Character creation is one of the biggest of any games.

So has anyone played it that could give a personal opinion on it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/generalapok/
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights 2   Neverwinter Nights 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:22 am

Hey Nomad I have it, but I haven't played in over a year. It's a very good rpg, a good one to lose track of time with. The appearance part of the character customization is pretty basic: a few preset faces and hair/eye colors and height scale, but the ingame stats customization is pretty big because of the different classes and skill sets. The new world map is also great, it lets you see enemies while you travel between areas so you can avoid random battles if you want to and there's an indicator to warn you of monsters' levels so you don't jump into a fight that results in instant death.

I also like how now the people in your party can influence the story and conversations, like if you get ambushed by renegade soldiers and you have a soldier in your party, you can basically punk them into leaving you alone, or if you have have a paladin you make them feel guilty for trying to attack you, or if you're like me you can just talk s**t until a fight breaks out.

You can still mix up classes to create some pretty outrageous lead characters, but now there are more and better classes to choose between.

My memory is a little fuzzy on most of the details of the game but I never uninstall any game, so if you want, I don't mind firing it up to reacquaint with it to answer your questions.
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights 2   Neverwinter Nights 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:27 am

i have to agree with Woogiemonster the NwN series is a great series up there with Baldars-Gate and DA-O, Woogie stated all the facts well and in detail so there is little else i can say, it is a great story, with great gameplay, it uses the D&D 3.5 rule set and i think it uses the Aurora engine which is the same as it used for the original NwN but the engine has received a huge overhaul for improved lighting and graphics....but it is a 4+ year old game and graphics are a little dated compared to modern releases.....

is it as good as DA-O or Baldars-Gate, IMO no...but its very close all the same.
Back to top Go down
http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
xNomaD
General of the Army
General of the Army
xNomaD

PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights 2   Neverwinter Nights 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:37 pm

Well, thank you for the replies, i might just pick it up now, its near the top of my list of games to get.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/generalapok/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights 2   Neverwinter Nights 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neverwinter Nights 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mans Worst Nightmare :: Gaming :: RPG Gaming-
Jump to: