HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Share | 

MMO's Going F2P

Go down 
AuthorMessage
xNomaD
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: MMO's Going F2P   Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:05 pm

Its good to see a lot of MMO's are starting to take after others and go free to play, i might try one, havent decided, im in the same boat as mt here, dont want to get sucked into the whole mmo craze, but if i find something worth getting into i might just give it a try, now if only ww2 online would go free to play, then you guys would never see me again.

What do you guys think of the mmos going f2p? Any your interested in?

General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: MMO's Going F2P   Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:18 pm

i think the most appealing aspect of MMO is the character development, i really like games that you can continuously increase skills and stats of ones character, im craving a rpg at the moment and am tempted to go down the MMO path, my only concern with free to play games is that they get you hooked then decide to start charging again......id feel gutting if that happened.......will i buy a MMO....at the moment its still doubtful, if it was something like the upcoming starwars or DOW and F2P then id jump on the bandwagon like a Texas cowboy at a rodeo.

M17xR2, i7-740QM @3.23Ghz, Crossfirex HD5870, 6gb Ram, 17" WUXGA (1920x1200) RGBLED, 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Blu-ray Combo Drive - Logitech G9x gaming mouse - Logitech G35 7.1 surround sound headphones
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
kvadrate
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: MMO's Going F2P   Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:00 am

of course im interested that would be cool if mmos were f2p alot of people would start playing them hehe and cant wait until my two greatest loves will come together soon rpg + star wars and i wish it could be f2p then you guys never see ME again lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: MMO's Going F2P   Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:09 am

kvadrate wrote:
of course im interested that would be cool if mmos were f2p alot of people would start playing them hehe and cant wait until my two greatest loves will come together soon rpg + star wars and i wish it could be f2p then you guys never see ME again lol

i agree if the upcoming starwars MMO was going to be F2P id be on it without question, but unfortunately i cant see that happening so it will have to be a pass for me im afraid.

M17xR2, i7-740QM @3.23Ghz, Crossfirex HD5870, 6gb Ram, 17" WUXGA (1920x1200) RGBLED, 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Blu-ray Combo Drive - Logitech G9x gaming mouse - Logitech G35 7.1 surround sound headphones
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army

PostSubject: Re: MMO's Going F2P   Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:51 pm

I don't play mmo's, but I do support the idea of them being free to play. I have long disagreed with the fact that mmo games cost as much as regular games to purchase and then cost an addition recurring fee to use the game you already purchased.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strazdas
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: MMO's Going F2P   Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:38 am

well one has to remember that mmo happens online, on the companys servers. and those server costs A LOT to run. for example WOW servers cost around 1 billion per month to run. if they suddenly became free to play they woudl have to shut down most of their servers because they sure are not going to pay out of thier pocket. However i am intrested in what mmos are you talking about, because i see more MMOs going into P2P than F2P direction. Also all MMOs that i have tried were never pay for game and pay for playing. They always give you the client as a free download, and you only pay for gametime. Sure if you want the dvd sent to you it will cost, but downloading client doesnt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
valgaard
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: heya   Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:22 pm

If it aint free im not playing it , nuff said
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMO's Going F2P   

Back to top Go down