Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

I'm Building a New PC

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

I'm Building a New PC Empty
PostSubject: I'm Building a New PC   I'm Building a New PC Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:31 am

Well, I'm finally building a new rig, my current one has been on life-support for quite a few months now.
I had a couple friends help me track down all the parts and I started ordering stuff this morning. My new tower will arrive tomorrow and everything else arrives next week.

Stats:

Tower - Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper

PSU - Corsair Professional Series Gold 1200-Watt 80 Plus

GPU (x2) - EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3072 MB

CPU - Intel Core i7-2600K Processor

Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H80

RAM - Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM

MOBO - ASUS LGA 1155 - Z68

Optic - Samsung Blu-Ray Combo

Primary HDD - Western Digital Caviar Black 500 GB SATA III

Primary HDD/SDD: Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB

Secondary HHDs (x3) - Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III

I'm Building a New PC 41i8K83p4aLI'm Building a New PC 51CyCo7A55L

Last edited by WoogieMonster on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm Building a New PC   I'm Building a New PC Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:26 am

Thats a very nice setup you have here. Wish i had anything close.

However i couldnt help but notice the 1200-watt pwoer block, why do you need that much power, your setup would live happily ever after with a 800-watt one too. unless you plan to upgrade it in the future without having to change the power supply, which is a good investment.

I noticed you use 4 HDDs, which is what i would use too. But im interested in your opinion on the SDD hard drives, because setting one for system drive can be very efficient (although in my opinion its too expensive for the size yet).
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

PostSubject: Re: I'm Building a New PC   I'm Building a New PC Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:10 pm

great setup mate, and you have future proofed yourself as well with a stronger psu, the GTX 580 will power through anything you through at it, and then your can dual them later if needed, nice set-up mate....let us know how she runs.

Strazdas i like SSD (solid slate drives) but i think that they are far to expensive at present to consider seriously, i know that some run 1 SSD drive which have the runnable programs on it, allowing for faster load times transfers etc, and then normal HD's for storage purposes, that's not a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

PostSubject: Re: I'm Building a New PC   I'm Building a New PC Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:43 pm

My buddies and I talked about the SSD when I mentioned to them that my primary drive was only 500gb. I'm getting it small because I never install anything but essential programs on the primary system drive. The one in my current rig is only 80gb and after all these years it's still only less than half used. What it came down to was simply that for what I do, an SSD just does not provide any benefit that is worth the price. I have until Saturday night to alter my order and one of my friends is trying to talk me into it, so I guess I'll see. EDIT: I spoke too soon, they talked me into it by finding an SSD that's big enough and costs less than $Left Testicle dollars.

The big PSU is because as far as I know, there's no such thing as too much power. And I definitely never believe in using the "minimum requirement" of anything, ever.

I'll be running two GTX 580s, so I'm hoping that by the time I need to upgrade anything, it will actually be time to just once again build a new rig after years of gaming.
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm Building a New PC   I'm Building a New PC Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:16 am

Well yes, there is no such thing as too much pwoer when it comes to PSU, but there is such thing as unnecessary expenses. But i guess you can afford that.

Quote :
Strazdas i like SSD (solid slate drives) but i think that they are far to expensive at present to consider seriously, i know that some run 1 SSD drive which have the runnable programs on it, allowing for faster load times transfers etc, and then normal HD's for storage purposes, that's not a bad idea.
that was the idea i had. A 50 GB SSD to run the most used programs on for fast load and normal HDD for storage. I agree with Woogie that they do are too expensive for the benefit now, hopefully that will change as their popularity will grow (as did the LED monitors).

Hopefully the rig will work for you perfectly for many years to come.
Back to top Go down
Zienna
Captain
Captain
Zienna

PostSubject: Re: I'm Building a New PC   I'm Building a New PC Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 7:02 pm

Whoa, thats nice. =O
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/oh_ehm_geez
unrealMWN
Sergeant
Sergeant
unrealMWN

PostSubject: Re: I'm Building a New PC   I'm Building a New PC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 1:48 am

Damn you Woogie! Now I want to bloody upgrade my PC cause I realized how shit mine is compared to that build. GAH!!!!!!
RRAAAAGGGGEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously... That is a damn fine build you have there! Hope it goes well!!!
Back to top Go down
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

PostSubject: Re: I'm Building a New PC   I'm Building a New PC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:53 am

If it makes you feel any better, my current rig is so old it's still running XP Home Edition, and it can barely handle most of my newest games.
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm Building a New PC   I'm Building a New PC Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:20 am

Thats not old. My Desktop is so old most games dont even support its processor type anymore.
Back to top Go down
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

PostSubject: Re: I'm Building a New PC   I'm Building a New PC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 7:57 am

@ Shadow, just letting you know I'm back online. New rig is running great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Building a New PC   I'm Building a New PC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm Building a New PC
Page 1 of 1