HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Share | 

Fuckin' souls, how do they work?

Go down 

Do you believe in a soul
Yes
75%
 75% [ 3 ]
No
25%
 25% [ 1 ]
I eat sole
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
I live in Seoul
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Dali
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army

PostSubject: Fuckin' souls, how do they work?   Wed May 26, 2010 3:41 am

In my Bio lab we cut open a small shark. I couldn't find its soul. Just organs Sad

Souls? Real or Bullshit?

If real, then what tangible evidence is there? Are they restricted to humans? How did the soul come into being? Can evolution equate for its existence? If souls are immortal, then where do they exist post-death and how did they exist before the beginning of the universe?

My opinion: The concept of a soul is creation of man to explain the complexities of consciousness and personality. It is a redundant concept.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: Fuckin' souls, how do they work?   Wed May 26, 2010 3:49 am

wow why not start of the forum with a difficult topic.... Rolling Eyes

well a soul can mean different things to different persons, the first question i would ask you is do you believe that everything is dependent on a cause and effect type system...ie for this to have happened did there need to have been a previous moment or action that triggered it.? or can things simply appear spontaneously?

P/S i cant answer the poll as i think what you are saying a soul is isnt what i think of it......so either add another option or poo.......

M17xR2, i7-740QM @3.23Ghz, Crossfirex HD5870, 6gb Ram, 17" WUXGA (1920x1200) RGBLED, 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Blu-ray Combo Drive - Logitech G9x gaming mouse - Logitech G35 7.1 surround sound headphones
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
Dali
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army

PostSubject: Re: Fuckin' souls, how do they work?   Wed May 26, 2010 3:55 am

Here's a basic definition of soul that we can hopefully agree on Very Happy

Soul: the principle of life, feeling, thought, and action in humans, regarded as a distinct entity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existence from the body; the spiritual part of humans as distinct from the physical part.

Cause and effect is the only logical and observed phenomena which can account for why things happen. Any concept of "true random" is yet to be found I believe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: Fuckin' souls, how do they work?   Wed May 26, 2010 4:04 am

Dali wrote:
Here's a basic definition of soul that we can hopefully agree on Very Happy

Soul: the principle of life, feeling, thought, and action in humans, regarded as a distinct entity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existence from the body; the spiritual part of humans as distinct from the physical part.

Cause and effect is the only logical and observed phenomena which can account for why things happen. Any concept of "true random" is yet to be found I believe

ok mate good we getting somewhere, so if cause and effect is logically sound, then in your opinion all life starts and ends at birth and death? what is a consciousness? surely not part of the brain.....

M17xR2, i7-740QM @3.23Ghz, Crossfirex HD5870, 6gb Ram, 17" WUXGA (1920x1200) RGBLED, 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Blu-ray Combo Drive - Logitech G9x gaming mouse - Logitech G35 7.1 surround sound headphones
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: Fuckin' souls, how do they work?   Wed May 26, 2010 4:23 am

the reason i bring up the consciousness is because there is documented evidence of states of concentration through meditation being able to enter into states of absorption that are beyond/more subtle than what could be registered with the brain...ie the brain wasn't in use......

Back to top Go down
Dali
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army

PostSubject: Re: Fuckin' souls, how do they work?   Wed May 26, 2010 4:37 am

shadow wrote:

ok mate good we getting somewhere, so if cause and effect is logically sound, then in your opinion all life starts and ends at birth and death? what is a consciousness? surely not part of the brain.....

Consciousness is a manifestation of a complex brain. That's my opinion anyway.

We can alter brain activity with drugs and experimentation. These effects are felt inside the consciousness of the receiver. If we effect that brain, we will likely effect the consciousness. This implies that the brain and consciousness are directly linked.

Quote :
the reason i bring up the consciousness is because there is documented evidence of states of concentration through meditation being able to enter into states of absorption that are beyond/more subtle than what could be registered with the brain...ie the brain wasn't in use......

I won't address that as I'm not sure how to tackle it. I wonder though, has there been a peer-reviewed study on those results?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: Fuckin' souls, how do they work?   Wed May 26, 2010 5:03 am

Dali wrote:
shadow wrote:

Consciousness is a manifestation of a complex brain. That's my opinion anyway.

We can alter brain activity with drugs and experimentation. These effects are felt inside the consciousness of the receiver. If we effect that brain, we will likely effect the consciousness. This implies that the brain and consciousness are directly linked.

Quote :

I won't address that as I'm not sure how to tackle it. I wonder though, has there been a peer-reviewed study on those results?

yes the study was done at ( i believe) Harvard University and there is written material.....another test was a meditation technique called tummo, which basically allows the person the generate heat etc from meditation, which did the opposite and create extraordinary brainwave activity here's a link to that article http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2002/04.18/09-tummo.html a little off topic but still interesting......

i agree that the brain and consciousness are directly linked but that in definition means not the same entity, i liken it to the brain being a very powerful computer but the consciousness is the operator, they are so closely related that it is hard to separate at times....but the unfortunate thing about this topic is that neither faith nor science has a clear answer......

Back to top Go down
valgaard
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: heya   Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:33 pm

He He I have alot of personal experience with the drugs and spiritual awarness thing ,I was right into meditation and astral travel,and spirituality when i was a teenager i spent long hours in meditation and yes.i had numerous spiritual awakenings and well. trippy shit happened for real, funny thing i started experimenting with weed and l.s.d real heavy soon afterwards and it all.........stopped. no more seeing auras no more glipses of ghosts and spirits , no more out of body experiences. i dropped acid for years hell i even ate a hundredlot. i can meditate but nothing fancy,you know what i mean if anything i dont let my imagination get away with me ,and believe me imaginations a powerful thing. ive explored dozens of religeons hell my dad was even a pastor but the truth is today. I believe that there is no afterlife, that genetics rule our lives my imortality is my children, just like i look like my father and mother i look like my grandfather and act like my brother father ,grandfather, how far back idk but theres no reason to think there wasent a carbon copy of me even a thousand years back. and there wont be one a thousand years in the future if anything we learn mistakes and teach our children the lessons we learned and our parents before us,thats imrtality in my eyes, is there a soul, yes a powerful one that dies just like everything else in the universe. even though it might end for me in death my children carry my very soul into the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuckin' souls, how do they work?   

Back to top Go down

Fuckin' souls, how do they work?
Page 1 of 1