Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Marx Brothers: A Night At The Opera (1935)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

Marx Brothers: A Night At The Opera (1935) Empty
PostSubject: Marx Brothers: A Night At The Opera (1935)   Marx Brothers: A Night At The Opera (1935) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:53 pm

Marx Brothers: A Night At The Opera (1935) A_Night_at_the_Opera_Poster_large

We start with Groucho trying to get a woman into singing at the opera, move towards ship and end up with them being generals and mayor. the ride however is a fun one, with lots of puns. though this one seems to be lacking the best parts the other movies had. though it does end up with soem good jokes, especially at the radio conference when they go and speak pretending to be generals. As usual Groucho and Chico gets the most screentime. The other two jsut seems to be a tag-along for a ride.
"Whats this?"
"Well this is a fire escape, and this is a table, and this is a room, and this is a door leading out of here and i wish you'd use it".
Thne were back at the opera, where Groucho gets fired and litteraly kicked down the stairs. and it looked pretty damn realistic. and considering back then most actors did thier own stunts (hardly ever a stuntman) that may have been very dangerous.
Then groucho drops his best bomb: "i think we need to think of a new plan, and the way i think, i think tis going to take a whole day".
It wasnt the best delivery though.
Harpo then does a bunch of stupid things during the main event that isnt all that funny and police pretty much ruins the theater trying to catch it. eventually the main singer says that if they get arreted hes going to go to police too and they end up staying. that is, after theatre is ruined anyway. and thats all the explanation we get.
With their first MGM studio piece they didnt show much grace liek they did before. Was it new manadgement or just marx brothers we may never find out.

rating: 5/10

And as always, a link
Back to top Go down

Marx Brothers: A Night At The Opera (1935)
Page 1 of 1