Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Going Offline

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
valgaard
Sergeant
Sergeant

Going Offline Empty
PostSubject: Going Offline   Going Offline Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:42 am

I have Horrible News im afraid my intrnets over.I heard this was coming but....i diddent know it was so drastic, my country is cranking the internet so high the common man cannot afford to use it for some nefarious reason, theres no way i can afford the bill with 12 people in my house, I live in Canada, something is seroiusly wrong with our government.

Last week, Everyone in Canada were treated to draconian Internet bandwidth caps by many Canadian ISPs. Basically, if you live in Canada, your ISP can now track your bandwidth usage and, above 25 GB per month, charge you for the overage. The average rate charged is $2 per gigabyte once you go over the limit.

The problem is that a large number of people are, or will soon be, using far more than 25 GB per month. This image points out that, with 25GB, you can watch about 8 Netflix HD movies per month. YouTube videos are smaller but still use a lot of bandwidth. Video on Skype is another concern. People using Steam to download video games have to now think about what they will download.

The change is known as UBB, or Usage Based Billing.

It was awsome while it lasted, freedom of information, ill be buying some rpgs and dvds from now on it seems.

Back to top Go down
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

Going Offline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Offline   Going Offline Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:23 am

Very sorry to hear the bad news. I hope things will somehow work out and you can get back online soon. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
valgaard
Sergeant
Sergeant

Going Offline Empty
PostSubject: heya   Going Offline Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:37 am

not offline yet we will see when i get the bill, with 2 ps3s an xbox 360 3 laptops and 2 towers in the house and 8 adults and 3 teenagers I have yet to see the bill, theres so much going on 24 hours a day here i might as well be running a small buisness, I have yet to see the bill im going to have a long talk with my internet providers to see how much this is actually going to cost.
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

Going Offline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Offline   Going Offline Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:11 am

25 gb per month limit was around here back like 8-6 years ago. now the standart optic plan that i have (15 dollars a month) has a limit of 200 gb with 1 cent for each 10 mb extra overcharge. That is to foreign countries, locally there is no limit. but because im with the company over 3 years (well 8 actually) i get the "loyal" program which means there is no limit ot my bandwitch. according to ISP calculations i use average of around 50-60 GB of traffice out of my country, so even without it id be fine.
those things suck, though 25 gb is still better than what some people get. it does seem that nowadays government can practiclaly censor internet however they want, and as long as they use word "piracy" its "ok". just like bush used "terrorism" to rationalize everything he ever done. its a global thing. you think great firewall of china is bad? how about great firewall of france? they are forcing everyone to run a goverment-made program that tracks all your downloads now. bu since they are europeans and they used words "anti-piracy" its ok to track people lives on the internet.
there is great pressure for similar measuresi n my country, however ISPs know that this would kill a lot of internet usage and thus their profit, so they protest it and so far we are wining the courts.
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

Going Offline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Offline   Going Offline Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:57 pm

yeap that's bad news mate, i hope you can get it sorted out soon, imagine how i feel then mate i pay a lot and my limit is 12gb per month after that i get capped at 64kbps, so yes i can feel you, but amazingly i don't usually go over my cap, shows when you are mindful of data how well you can manage it.
Back to top Go down
http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
valgaard
Sergeant
Sergeant

Going Offline Empty
PostSubject: heya   Going Offline Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:36 am

Great news Canadians were so outraged that it was changed in a week
unlimited internet access for a set fee, great things are happining over here we only pay for speed now Smile
i double cheaked my provider im not even being billed for anything that happened its awsome got our freedom of information back im very happy. Watch out world Valgaards back and hes got a new computer.
Back to top Go down
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

Going Offline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Offline   Going Offline Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:14 pm

That is awesome news, I'm glad to hear it did work out.
valgaard wrote:
Watch out world Valgaards back and hes got a new computer.
Right, I'll hide the women immediately.

Last edited by WoogieMonster on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Strazdas
Commander
Commander
Strazdas

Going Offline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Offline   Going Offline Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:49 pm

bah what is valgaard going to do agiasnt a blood good. its not like leviathan is coming or any of its cenobites.
good to hear there is some common sense in Canadians left and you sorted it out.
Back to top Go down
darksync
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
darksync

Going Offline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Offline   Going Offline Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:31 am

omg, that's pretty unfortunate for you. Ironically, here for me it's only 25gb a month and $2 per gb. What's different tho is I don't have that many poeple in my house. just my sister, a tenant and myself. Only I really use the internet tho
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Sponsored content

Going Offline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Offline   Going Offline Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going Offline
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mans Worst Nightmare :: General :: Off topic-
Jump to: