Mans Worst Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
welcome to the forums guys please keep active and enjoy your stay....REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK THE SITE!
MwN Ventrilo info: shadow.typefrag.com port: 13082 feel free to use

Absence from internet... and Essentially gaming!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
darksync
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
darksync

Absence from internet... and Essentially gaming! Empty
PostSubject: Absence from internet... and Essentially gaming!   Absence from internet... and Essentially gaming! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:41 am

What do you think you guys would do.
I know I can survive just fine, but just wondering what your points of view are.

In New Zealand, I'll soon be having Summer holidays!
And you know what that means for Students. 3 months of holiday!!! Very Happy

However, my situation is, I'll be gone for about 1.5 months to Taiwan (I'm not taiwanese, haha, it's just an OE, and to visit the main temple of my religion/stay there for the while)

My question to you is.
I'll have no internet, and some of the games I play will most certainly be set back with ANYONE I play with having be absent for so long. Kind of like an RPG where everyone will be way ahead of me or something.

I feel like I'll be missing out heaps in the gaming part of my life....
How would you guys all feel? xD

(I'm definitely looking forward to the trip tho! Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Absence from internet... and Essentially gaming!   Absence from internet... and Essentially gaming! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:47 am

i think its a good opportunity mate, we can spend to much time gaming, and having a break from it can re-liven our interest and get us back in the seat again., as to you missing out on making the progression your friends will make while you away, it happens and is part of gaming, if you friends cant play with you then its an opportunity to make some new friends at the current level you will be at.

good to see you back at the site mate, im not sure why the site has died but i always check daily to see if new posts have been added, i was quite surprised to see a couple of yellow flashes just now Razz

have a good trip away mate im sure you will love the experience of spending some time in a temple.
Back to top Go down
http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

PostSubject: Re: Absence from internet... and Essentially gaming!   Absence from internet... and Essentially gaming! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:00 pm

No games? No internet? I'd go insane, and I mean full-blown, white jacket, padded room, drooling out the mouth insane.
shadow wrote:
...good to see you back at the site mate, im not sure why the site has died but i always check daily to see if new posts have been added, i was quite surprised to see a couple of yellow flashes just now Razz
Yeah I've been checking too. I figured everyone was lost in all the new released games. I only just stopped playing New Vegas because my wife made me stop to do something stupid, like eat and sleep or some silly thing I don't need. FALLOUT FEEDS ME, I SLEEP IN THE WASTELAND Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
shadow
General of the Army
General of the Army
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Absence from internet... and Essentially gaming!   Absence from internet... and Essentially gaming! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 12:04 am

glad you enjoying it, my copy should arrive tomorrow i canceled my copy of MoH due to getting mucked around with the company and based on Nomad recommendation i brought fallout New Vagas, and it was shipped last night so here's hoping tomorrow it will arrive....im really hoping its better than Fallout, which for me tbh fall flat around half way, things got a little same old same old and was a little easy too, im really hoping the new game addresses some of these issues........
Back to top Go down
http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/forum.htm
WoogieMonster
Moderator of the army
Moderator of the army
WoogieMonster

PostSubject: Re: Absence from internet... and Essentially gaming!   Absence from internet... and Essentially gaming! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:18 am

Well New Vegas has a "hardcore" mode to address the complaints of being too easy. Some of the things it does are:
- stimpaks will NOT heal broken limbs
- you must cook food properly
- you must sleep everyday
- you have to worry about being dehydrated and/or hungry
- ammo has actual weight, so no more 5000 extra rounds for guns you don't even have
- no auto-aim cursor. you must go into 1st-person and use the iron sights on the gun itself
- make your own ammo and medicine... assuming you can find the correct ingredients. If not, bad ammo screws up your guns, and you can actually poison yourself if you mix the wrong stuff together.

And there's more but I think being awake since Tuesday might actually be hurting me, I really need to go to bed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Absence from internet... and Essentially gaming!   Absence from internet... and Essentially gaming! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Absence from internet... and Essentially gaming!
Page 1 of 1